Das Komx

Monday, October 17, 2005

Judge this book by its cover and you're setting yourself up for disappointment


The Residents: Freak Show graphic novel
by

  • John Bolton

  • Kyle Baker

  • Dave McKean

  • and some other guys



I love Charles Burns' art. I also loved the first 9 or so issues of Black Hole (the hardcover's out tomorrow, more on that below) that I've read and his Blood Club one-shot. So when I saw Freak Show's cover on Amazon, I had to have it. I didn't even read about it. No researching whatsoever.

If it's Charley Burnsy, it's gottabegood I thought to myself.

Wrong. It's an anthology of boring stories put forth by a band (The Residents) I had never heard of.

The stories are very short and not that great despite the talent behind them. Not unusual for an anthology. And CB only did that very nice cover :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home